ZONES & CLUBS
Amalgamated Golf Zone
|North Lakes||Nanango||Mt Coolum|
|Pine Rivers||Noosa Springs|
|Tin Can Bay|
District Responsibility, Benefits and Committee:
Queensland has 14 District Golf Associations that represent male golfers. These Districts serve as the conduit between Golf Queensland and approximately 250 affiliated golf clubs within the state. The District Associations are Incorporated in their own right, and conduct their own affairs.
The SC&SBDGA is served by a Management Committee which consists of four elected Officer Bearers (President, Secretary/Treasurer, Director of Golf and Director of Junior Golf) and a Delegate appointed by each of the three Golf Zones. A District Delegate is appointed to represent the Association at Golf Queensland meetings.
The District Association is responsible for conducting competitions for all age groups and levels of ability. It is also responsible for providing assistance with rules, competition and handicapping issues. The tournament programme includes events in the following categories:
- Open (any male player with a current Golf Australia handicap and affiliated with a DGA)
- Closed (a male player from a Club within the host District)
- Junior (male and female players under 18 years of age at the date of the tournament)
- Mid-Amateur (30 to 54 years male players at the date of the tournament)
- Masters (50 years and over male and female players at the date of the tournament)
- Senior (55 years and over male players at the date of the tournament)
- Men's Foursomes (male players)
- Mixed Foursomes (male and female players)
- Inter-Zone Team Challenges (selected representatives from each of the Zones)
- Inter-District Team Challenges (selected male and female representatives)
A representative team is selected to compete in the annual Queensland Inter-Association Championship. All costs associated with these tournaments are borne by the Association. The Association currently spends approximately $40,000 annually towards tournament golf, and junior golf programmes and scholarships throughout our region. These programmes promote and develop junior golf of all skill levels - which will prove beneficial in the coming years. After all, golf is a game for life.
Aims, Objectives and Benefits of the Association:
- Conduct golf events throughout the region for golfers of all ages and levels of skill.
- Assist with rules, handicapping, course rating and competitions to Match Committees.
- Provide advice and assistance to clubs across a broad range of industry issues including water management, environmental and statutory compliance, strategic planning, child protection policies, and course assessments.
- Promote and develop golf throughout the region.
- Provide current, relevant information to all member Clubs.
PEAK BODY - GOLF AUSTRALIA
The administration of Golf in Australia is a standard hierarchical structure with GOLF AUSTRALIA as the peak body with State Associations as its members. Each State Association is then responsible for the governance, delivery and direction of Golf in their State as is the case with GOLF QUEENSLAND.
They promote and market the game through a variety of programs including State Opens, State Championships at different levels and a range of other events to encourage participation. They also promote social golf participation via the “Golf Network” where Social golfers can learn the skills, rules and etiquette and gain a GA handicap. The State Associations also deliver Rules training and accreditation, course rating and handicapping, elite training and preparation of State Teams, Squads and representatives.
41301 BEERWAH GOLF CLUB INC (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE)41302 BLACKBUTT GOLF CLUB (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41302 41303 BRIBIE ISLAND GOLF CLUB (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41303 41304 CABOOLTURE GOLF CLUB INC (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41304 41305 CALOUNDRA GOLF CLUB INC (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41305 41306 COOROY GOLF CLUB INC (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41306 41307 GOOMERI GOLF CLUB (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41307 41339 GUNABUL GOLF CLUB (Sunshine Coast Zone) 41339 41308 GYMPIE GOLF CLUB INC (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41308 41309 HEADLAND GOLF CLUB INC (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41309 41312 KILCOY GOLF CLUB (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41312 41313 KILKIVAN GOLF CLUB (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41313 41314 KINGAROY GOLF CLUB INC (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41314 41315 KUMBIA GOLF CLUB (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41315 41338 MALENY GOLF CLUB INC (GLASSHOUSE MOUNTAINS ZONE) 41338 41310 MAROOCHY RIVER GOLF CLUB (Sunshine Coast Zone) 41310 41316 MOUNT COOLUM GOLF CLUB INC (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41316 41317 MURGON GOLF CLUB (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41317 41318 NAMBOUR GOLF CLUB INC (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41318 41319 NANANGO GOLF CLUB INC (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41319 41325 NOOSA GOLF CLUB ((SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41325 41331 NOOSA SPRINGS COUNTRY CLUB (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41331 41334 NORTH LAKES GOLF CLUB (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41334 41336 PACIFIC HARBOUR GOLF CLUB (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41336 41333 PELICAN WATERS GOLF CLUB (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41333 41335 PEREGIAN GOLF CLUB (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41335 41322 PINE RIVERS GOLF CLUB (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41322 41323 PROSTON GOLF CLUB INC (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41323 41326 TIN CAN BAY GOLF CLUB (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41326 41321 TWIN WATERS GOLF CLUB (SUNSHINE COAST ZONE) 41321 41327 WANTIMA COUNTRY CLUB LTD (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41327 41328 WONDAI GOLF CLUB (SOUTH BURNETT ZONE) 41328 41329 WOODFORD GOLF CLUB INC (GLASSHOUSE MTNS ZONE) 41329