Currently, there are three representative events per year with team requirements as follows:
Qld Inter-Association Championship – 3 day (Sunday-Tuesday) event.
4 Division 1 players.
Wide Bay District Challenge – 1 day event:5 Division 1 players
5 Division 2 players
5 Senior players
6 Junior players
SCSBDGA vs Australian Defence Forces Golf Association (ADFGA) – 2 day (Thursday-Friday) event.
10 to 12 Division 1 players (by invitation).
It is desirable to create a positive team culture through selection of individuals that exhibit good character along with a balance of youth, experience and player development. As evidenced by many District representatives continuing on to the Professional ranks, our District has been successful in the area.
In selecting teams and squads to represent the SC&SBDGA, our objectives are:
- To select, in each division, the best available players within the selection guidelines and players that support our District events.
- To continually develop and support talented players.
- To be successful at all levels of participation.
- To develop and maintain team and inter-division camaraderie throughout the year.
The District Executive Committee appoints Team Selectors and Managers for each Division at its first meeting of the year after the AGM (usually held early March). The Divisions currently are:
- Division 1 Open age and handicap
- Division 2 South Burnett Zone players with 10 to 18 handicap
- Masters Over 50 years of age, open handicap
- Juniors Under 18 years of age, open handicap, development squad?
As a District, we endeavour to create pathways for emerging and elite players who will represent their Club, Zone and District with respect, pride and passion.